Newcastle United’s new owners have sacked Steve Bruce after “Streak of Woes.”
Newcastle’s Head Coach, Steve Bruce, has been sacked by Newcastle United’s new owners after “Streak of Woes” in results this season.
Newcastle United’s first match since being taken over by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund got off to an uninspiring start on Monday morning as Tottenham defeated them 3-2 at St James’ Park.
Newcastle United is currently rooted at the bottom of the Premier League table, having failed to pick up a single victory this season.
Less than 24-hours after signing a 3-year agreement at St James Park, Steve Bruce has been dismissed by Newcastle United following what the club has characterized as a “poor run of result’.
Ashley called Bruce in to explain the Magpies’ dismal performance since his arrival at the club earlier that day, following a 4-0 friendly loss to Wolves in Newcastle.
Bruce is said to have been presenting himself to the players when Mike Ashley notified him that he was to be relieved of his responsibilities with immediate effect.
In a statement, Newcastle said they wanted to thank Steve for his contribution to the team over the last 21 hours and wished him well in the future. “The club now searches for a new manager who has never handled the club.”
Ashley hopes to change his manager at the start of the Premier League and again by October.
With Newcastle’s financial muscle, will Rafael Benitez and Zinedine Zidane be the likely replacements?